Blaine Spray Foam Insulation | Is spray foam insulation a good option?
Spray foam insulation is an airtight and durable insulation material. It is made of two components: a liquid and a gas. The liquid component (resin) is mixed with the gas component, which expands to become a foam that fills up all the spaces in your walls and ceilings. Spray foam insulation is sprayed into open areas like cavities in walls, floors or ceilings. It acts as an insulator that keeps heat inside your home during cold months, yet it also allows hot air out during warm months. Blaine Spray Foam Insulation
What Is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is a type of insulation that is sprayed into place. Spray foam insulation is also called closed-cell insulation, because it has no air bubbles in between the foam cells. This makes it a highly effective barrier against heat loss and air infiltration.
Spray foam is made from two components: an organic blowing agent, which creates gas to be released during expansion; and a liquid resin (polyol), which contains monomers (chemical byproducts) that react with each other to form polymers (long chains of molecules) that expand when heated.
Why Choose Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is a great choice for anyone who wants to improve the energy efficiency of their home. Spray foam insulation is also very durable, making it a good choice if you’re concerned about pests or moisture damage to your home. In addition, spray foam insulation is fast and affordable.
Spray Foam Insulation Pros and Cons
- Spray foam insulation can be installed quickly, which makes it ideal for homes that need extra protection from cold weather or high energy bills in the springtime.
- Spray foams have excellent R-values (the measure of resistance to heat transfer), which means they’re extremely efficient at keeping heat inside the walls of your house during winter months as well as keeping cool air inside during summer months so that you don’t have to turn up the AC as often—or even at all!
- Spray foams are also watertight; this means they won’t absorb moisture like cellulose does–which means less chance of mold growth!
Spray Foam Insulation Cost
The cost of spray foam insulation varies depending on the size of your home, but it is often considered to be a good value. Spray foam insulation costs more than traditional insulation, but it lasts longer and performs better.
For example, in a small house with an average energy bill of $100 per month, spray foam can reduce energy bills by up to 40%. In that same small house, traditional fiberglass batts will only save you around 10% every year. This means that over 30 years your savings from spray foam would be enough to pay for itself twice over!
Spray foam is also much more expensive than fiberglass batts or cellulose insulation—upwards of 50% more expensive in many cases—but because it’s so effective at reducing air leakage and heat loss through cracks in walls (or between studs) its lifespan will likely outlast those other options by several decades or more
How Long Does Spray Foam Last?
Due to its durability and resistance to mold, mildew, pests and moisture, spray foam insulation is a great option for any space. It can be installed in almost any area of your home or building; however, it’s not an appropriate choice for spaces that experience high levels of moisture or humidity (such as bathrooms).
How long does spray foam insulation last? Although it depends on the quality of installation and specific conditions where it was applied, most studies show that spray foam will last between 50-100 years! This makes it one of the longest lasting types of insulation available on the market today.
How Is Spray Foam Applied to a Home?
Once your home is prepared for spray foam insulation, qualified installers will use a hose to apply it. Spray foam can be applied to the exterior or interior of any surface, including floors, walls and ceilings. It’s also possible to apply spray foam insulation between two different surfaces (called “cripple wall”) or on the tops of walls that are being built or rebuilt.
What Are the Benefits of Using Spray Foam in my Home?
Spray foam insulation is a great insulator, providing a tight seal to prevent air from escaping. It can be used in areas where traditional insulation can’t be installed, making it an ideal choice for attics and basements.
- Spray foam insulation is also great for mold prevention since it creates an effective barrier between the interior of your home and outside elements that may cause mold growth. If you’re worried about moisture in your attic or basement, this is one of the best solutions around!
Is Spray Foam Insulation Safe?
Spray foam insulation is a safe, non-toxic, non-flammable and non-carcinogenic. It is classified as a low VOC (volatile organic compound) product by the EPA.
This means you don’t have to worry about being exposed to harmful chemicals while your home is being insulated.
The only two potential risks associated with spray foam are:
- Skin irritation from direct contact with the product in its liquid form – this can be avoided by wearing gloves when applying it.
- Breathing in dust particles – this can be minimized by wearing an appropriate mask or respirator when spraying the material
Contact Spray Foam Insulation Plus to learn more about the safety of Blaine Spray Foam Insulation and if you should have it in your home!
When is Spray Foam Insulation a Good Option for My Home?
Spray foam insulation is a good option for many homes. The best time to consider using spray foam is if you’re dealing with:
- Leaks or drafts in your home
- High energy bills
If you have one or both of these issues, then you may want to consider using spray foam insulation. Spray foam can be applied in just a few hours and will help create an effective barrier between your home’s interior and exterior. This means that any leaks will be sealed off completely, which can help keep dust and allergens from getting into the house as well as prevent drafts from coming in from outside. Spray foam insulation also creates an effective seal around windows and doors so that warm air doesn’t escape through cracks when it’s cold outside, but cool air doesn’t come inside during hot months either!
If you are looking for an insulation that is airtight, durable and affordable, spray foam insulation may be a great choice for your home.
If you are looking for an insulation that is airtight, durable and affordable, spray foam insulation may be a great choice for your home. Spray foam is commonly used to insulate walls and roofs because of its ability to fill in gaps between the framing members of your home. In addition, it can be applied over existing sheetrock or other materials so that there will be no need to remove existing materials from your walls.
Spray foam insulation can also be used as a vapor barrier and air barrier under siding applications on homes where flashing isn’t an option (e.g., homes with stucco). This can help prevent moisture infiltration into the building envelope by preventing moisture from getting inside through the siding itself instead of through a leaky window or wall assembly elsewhere on your house’s exterior surface area(s).
Spray foam insulation can be a great option for your home, but it does not work in every situation. If you are interested in learning more about how spray foam insulation can benefit your home and if it is right for you, give us a call. We’ll be happy to help you find out what works best for your unique situation!
If you would like to have a spray foam insulation company come help install your Blaine spray foam insulation, reach out to Spray Foam Insulation Plus. We are your local spray foam insulation contractor that can help keep your home warm with proper Blaine spray foam insulation. Contact us today for your insulation needs!
Blaine Spray Foam Insulation
Blaine Spray Foam Insulation
Blaine Spray Foam Insulation
Preferred Contractors of:
Interested in a Free Estimate?
- Spray Foam Insulation Company in Sartell MN | 5 Benefits of Hiring Local Spray Foam Insulation Contractors
- Spray Foam Insulation Contractor in St Stephen MN | Key Qualities to Look for in a Spray Foam Insulation Contractor
- Spray Foam Insulation Installation in St Cloud MN | Cost Factors Involved in Hiring Spray Foam Insulation Contractors
- Spray Foam Insulation Company in Rice MN | How Spray Foam Insulation Contractors Assess and Determine Insulation Needs
- Spray Foam Insulation Contractor in Royalton MN | Tips for Finding Reliable Spray Foam Insulation Contractors