Spray foam insulation is a lightweight polymer, chemically made up of aromatic Methylene Diphenyl Isocyanate (MDI) and a polyol. Spray foam insulation is widely used to fill in spaces and irregular surfaces in your home.
In this blog, we discuss the pros and cons of spray foam insulation.
SPRAY FOAM INSULATION PROS
- Spray foam insulation provides good strength and support
Closed-cell Spray foam insulation not only seals off gaps and corners but provides strength and support.
- Spray foam insulation reduces your utility bills
This insulation saves a significant amount of money as up to 50% cost on your utility bills.
- Spray foam insulation seals are difficult to break
Spray foam insulation expands quickly into the cracks and gaps and is difficult to break after curing.
- Spray foam insulation is water-repellent
It will protect your building from water, and experience less damage.
- Spray foam insulation deter microorganisms.
The inert polymer within insulation does not provide a food source for mildew and mold and protect you from microorganism
- Spray foam insulation has a longer life-span
You can enjoy Spray foam insulation without upgrade or replacement for a longer life span.
- Spray foam is an eco-friendly insulation option
It protects your home from the environmental impact. Reduce your electric units and moisture.
- Spray foam insulation prevents Ozone Depletion
CFCs are replaced with less harmful HCFCs by spray foam, so it reduces the rate of ozone depletion
- Spray foam insulation has a good R-value
Its good R-value reduces your cost to maintain efficiency levels in your building.
- Spray foam insulation cleans indoor air
The air-tight seal keeps contaminants such as dust and pollen grains out of your indoor air
SPRAY FOAM INSULATION CONS
- Spray foam insulation can easily create a mess
It can cause leaking problems from unsealed joints and openings.
- Spray foam insulation may prone to decay
Spray foam insulation is made up of polyurethane, which needs to be applied if it gets too old otherwise it can create any issues such as a leak, bubble, or it can deflate.
- Spray foam insulation could shrink
Sometimes it may start shrinking and therefore could reduce its insulative qualities.
- Spray foam insulation is costly.
Spray foam insulation is more expensive than other insulation such as fiberglass. It also requires you to hire professional contractors.
- Environmental impact
It is made of biodegradable chemicals that can cause a problem if not installed and cured properly.
- Spray foam insulation is difficult to install
Spray foam insulation is very difficult to install because contractors charge high to install it
- Spray foam insulation cause health issues
Spray foam insulation has “isocyanates” which irritate your lungs, eyes, and skin.
- Spray foam insulation has a longer cure rate
Spray foam insulation requires a long time to cure properly. If not cured completely, it releases harmful chemicals.
Experienced contractors can help you install spray foam insulation effectively in your home. Contact Spray Foam Insulation Plus in Burnsville for a professional, experienced, and skilled team of contractors to help you lessen utility bills for years to come!
We offer Spray Foam Insulation Services in the Following Cities
Minneapolis | St Paul | Brainerd | Plymouth | Savage | Shakopee | Burnsville | Fridley | Coon Rapids| Blaine | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Mounds View | New Brighton | Arden Hils | St Anthony | Roseville | Osseo | Maple Grove | Plymouth
Preferred Contractors of:
Interested in a Free Estimate?
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Hopkins MN | Keep Your Home Warm With Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company St Louis Park MN | How to Get Energy Rebates By Installing Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Edina MN | Benefits of an Insulated Attic
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Chanhassen MN | How to Choose the Right Insulation Company
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Eden Prairie MN | Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation