Spray foam insulations are extremely popular because of their insulative qualities. Spray foam insulation not only acts as mold-resistant but also as an air barrier. Spray foam insulation projects are quite an attractive option for homeowners looking to save money and help the environment. Here, we tell you why spray foam insulation is a good idea for a DIY project.
Common Mistakes of DIY Spray Foam Insulation
Many ambitious homeowners try to save their money and increase the market value of the house by taking on DIY projects. You can technically install spray foam insulation by yourself but it does not mean you can do it properly.
Poorly Installed Spray Foam Insulation
- Installation of spray foam is a very complicated and critical process. If you want to DIY the spray foam insulation project, you need to purchase the necessary protective gear before you start mixing the solution and heating the polyol resin and isocyanate.
- When the chemical reaction between polyol resin and isocyanate starts, you need to determine the appropriate temperature range for the application. Then wear the specific protective equipment to apply the spray foam.
- During application, poisonous synthetic compounds are present in the air, so practicing intense caution is mandatory.
Installation Failure Could Be More Costly
- In case you end up creating a mess during the complex process of installing spray foam insulation, your effort to save money by DIYing the project could blow up horribly.
Because spray foam insulation is one of the most critical types of insulation to remove or break, has the ability to get into small holes, and is cured within minutes, you need to be quick and cautious during the installation process.
- However, the costs of removing spray foam insulation and repairing the damage that occurred due to your botched attempt can turn out to be even more costly. So it is advisable and financially beneficial to hire professional spray foam contractors to get it right the first time.
Health and Safety Risks
In case you fail to install spray foam insulation appropriately, there are more issues than only a drafty house. Ineffectively installed spray foam insulation can cause various health problems.
- Inappropriately installed spray foam may cause hazardous toxic chemical off-gassing which can hurt your eye, nose, and skin, as well as result in respiratory issues and a high risk of cancer.
- Furthermore, inadequately installed spray foam insulation will not prevent mold, mildew, and bacteria.
- As we know, installing spray foam insulation requires both specific equipment and high-level industry information. Without having this knowledge, the odds of successful spray foam insulation are very low.
DIYing spray foam insulation projects only seem good and attractive for saving money but it is still necessary to hire professional spray foam contractors to have a successful spray foam insulation that meets all the safety standards. Contact Spray Foam Insulation Plus in Fridley to consult experts with the experience and knowledge as well as the safety equipment needed for a successful spray foam insulation installation.
We offer Spray Foam Insulation Services in the Following Cities
Minneapolis | St Paul | Brainerd | Plymouth | Savage | Shakopee | Burnsville | Fridley | Coon Rapids| Blaine | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Mounds View | New Brighton | Arden Hils | St Anthony | Roseville | Osseo | Maple Grove | Plymouth
Preferred Contractors of:
Interested in a Free Estimate?
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Hopkins MN | Keep Your Home Warm With Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company St Louis Park MN | How to Get Energy Rebates By Installing Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Edina MN | Benefits of an Insulated Attic
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Chanhassen MN | How to Choose the Right Insulation Company
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Eden Prairie MN | Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation