Spray foam is a type of insulation material that expands once you spray it. The sprayed foam expands and seals the gaps, and nooks, as well as deters moisture. Spray foam insulation effectively enhances comfort level, prevents damage, and significantly reduces your energy bills. Spray foam insulation is the most effective type of insulation.
The advantages of spray foam insulation
There are many ways to insulate your homes, offices, and commercial buildings but spray foam is the most superior solution among all due to these benefits:
Seeping water from openings of pipes and vents puts your home at risk. Commonly, when building insulation gets wet, it needs to be replaced but spray foam insulation is hydrophobic and retains its all properties when it gets wet.
Spray foam insulation prevents temperature fluctuations in a building and maintains it to the optimum level. It creates an air-tight seal that protects your home and keeps it more comfortable.
Spray foam insulation is very popular because of its ease of application. Spray foam works best in all seasons. It’s a non-intrusive process. A highly skilled professional just uses a spray foam gun to spray the material in your desired place and then lets it get dry.
Traditional and old insulation lose their effectiveness over time, as it is composed of powerful chemical products, spray foam insulation performs exactly how it should for decades.
Is spray foam toxic or dangerous?
Although spray foam insulation is popularly used worldwide, it has also been known to have some negative effects on health. The main dangers and toxicity of spray foam include:
- Asthma problems
- Lung damage
- Other respiratory disorders
- The chemical composition of the spray foam has isocyanates that can cause skin, eye, and lung irritation.
But this is mainly based on older insulation methods. Modern insulation formulations of spray foam offer air quality improving properties as well.
Disadvantages of Spray Foam Insulation:
There are many benefits of using spray foam products for insulating your home, but here are a few disadvantages as well:
- Cost is the biggest drawback of using spray foam; it is more expensive than other insulation.
- It can only be installed by a professional or skilled person.
- It is very difficult to remove spray foam after application.
- It requires a long dry and curing time.
Is Spray Foam safe?
- When applied correctly, and maintained regularly, there is no danger
- If you are DIYing the process, then wear protective equipment
- After the 24-hour ‘curing’ process is finished, there is no need to worry about the toxicity as it will not release any toxic chemicals now
- When finished, your house is safe for survival, with no risk of toxicity
To conclude, spray foam insulation is safe. It offers an array of benefits that are not just linked to insulation. Spray Foam Insulation Plus aims to make buildings attractive, quieter, and more energy-efficient. Our experts in St. Paul provide safe spray foam insulation options for homeowners at cost-effective rates. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our experts now!
We offer Spray Foam Insulation Services in the Following Cities
Minneapolis | St Paul | Brainerd | Plymouth | Savage | Shakopee | Burnsville | Fridley | Coon Rapids| Blaine | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Mounds View | New Brighton | Arden Hils | St Anthony | Roseville | Osseo | Maple Grove | Plymouth
Preferred Contractors of:
Interested in a Free Estimate?
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Hopkins MN | Keep Your Home Warm With Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company St Louis Park MN | How to Get Energy Rebates By Installing Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Edina MN | Benefits of an Insulated Attic
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Chanhassen MN | How to Choose the Right Insulation Company
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Eden Prairie MN | Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation