Spray foam is an effective insulation and sealing product. Installing spray foam insulation at your place is a great idea. Because it can reduce your energy bills, make your home more comfortable, and safer, and even add value to your home. Spray foam insulation has many benefits and applications. Here is the complete information you should know about spray foam insulation.
Why should you use Spray Foam Insulation?
There are many reasons to install spray foam insulation as it is superior insulation to other traditional insulation because it can maintain a constant temperature, seals the building envelope and protects your home from mildew, and makes it more comfortable to live in.
What is Spray Foam Insulation Made of?
Spray foam insulation is made up of two liquids when they mix they form a spray polyurethane foam. It can be methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) and other liquid polyols, which also have many additives like catalysts, blowing agents, surfactants, and flame retardants.
Main Types of spray foam insulation
There are primarily two main types of spray foam insulation, each type offers unique benefits and applications.
- Closed-cell spray foam insulation
- Open-cell spray foam insulation
Closed-cell spray foam insulation
As named closed-cell spray foam insulation is composed of cells that are completely packed and forced together to prevent moisture and air from infiltrating the foam. Closed-cell spray foam insulation is very dense and cures into a hard substance quickly.
Open-cell spray foam insulation
Open-cell spray foam insulation is also made up of cells but they are not completely encapsulated. Because they’re intentionally left open. Open-cell spray foam insulation has a lower density than closed-cell spray foam insulation.it first cures into a softer and spongier state and then gets hard.
Major Advantages of spray foam insulation
- Spray foam insulation deters water from seeping into your home.
- Spray foam insulation keeps a consistent climate in your home.
- Spray foam insulation improves the indoor quality of air by protecting your home from dust and tiny organisms.
- Spray foam insulation is environmentally friendly as it helps you to reduce your carbon footprint by reducing energy use.
- Spray foam insulation has a very long service life and saves your home from damage without the need for repair and replacement.
- Spray foam insulation provides additional strength to the structure and foundation of the building.
Is Spray Foam Insulation Safe to use?
Yes, spray foam insulation is safe for you and your home. It just releases the chemical before its curing, after 24 hours it will not release any such chemical.
Do you need a professional contractor for spray foam insulation?
Yes, because the process of installing spray foam insulation is very complicated and requires specialized equipment and industrial knowledge. Contractors will save you from unpleasant circumstances.
As you’ve learned a lot about spray foam insulation it is best for your home. So if you are looking for a professional spray foam insulation contractor in New Brighton, then contact Spray Foam Insulation Plus to enjoy the best insulation services.
We offer Spray Foam Insulation Services in the Following Cities
Minneapolis | St Paul | Brainerd | Plymouth | Savage | Shakopee | Burnsville| Fridley | Coon Rapids | Blaine | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Mounds View | New Brighton | Arden Hils | St Anthony | Roseville | Osseo | Maple Grove | Plymouth
Preferred Contractors of:
Interested in a Free Estimate?
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Hopkins MN | Keep Your Home Warm With Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company St Louis Park MN | How to Get Energy Rebates By Installing Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Edina MN | Benefits of an Insulated Attic
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Chanhassen MN | How to Choose the Right Insulation Company
- Spray Foam Insulation Company Eden Prairie MN | Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation